Friday, October 31, 2008

Bye Bye Little Brother :*(

Wow-Every now and then you have this landmark event that makes you realize how fast time is really going by and how much you want it to slow down! Well this is one of them. My brother got called to the Dominican Republic Santiago East mission and reported to the MTC a few weeks ago (Wed October 22). CRAZY!! He just left the MTC yesterday and he's really a missionary now! He arrived safely to the DR to hot and humid weather, and lots of food. I am so excited for him and I know he is going to be great but it really is weird! The experience at the MTC was...interesting. It all happens so fast and there are a few different emotions going through you but I guess overall it was good. haha. It was basically a big bawl fest with lots of hugs, kisses, and "I love you's"-(which could be expected from my family!) If anyone wants his address let me know. Good job Kris! We will be rooting for ya!!
We ate at Brick Oven before dropping Kris off at the MTC.

It was so delicious!


Getting the new nametag-Officially Elder Sommer

Bye Bye Little Brother! We will miss you soo much but are so proud and excited for you! He is going to be a great missionary.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

i can't believe he's missionary age chiara! Good for him! brett went to the DR once for a humanitarian trip and loved it. My little brother Tanner is going to North Carolina on his mission and leaves in January. It's so crazy how fast time flies, just like you said. Can you believe we graduated from High School almost 5 years ago? now THAT'S crazy!

Kari said...

Time sure does fly! He is still a little harry potter boy to me and always will be. That is awesome that he is on his mission and we are proud of him as well.

Colette Kingsley said...

Congratulations to your brother, Chiara! I am sure he will make an awesome missionary. It is probably hard on your mom right now but the blessings she will receive from his missionary work will be endless.

Andrea said...

Wow, he went to the DR? My brother-in-law went there too and so did my cousin and her husband. Didn't Jon Blackburn too? It's a popular place apparently. How exciting!

The Grover Family said...

Pretty sure its time for an update, thanks! love love LOVE you!!!

Harris Family said...

Okay - so I know it's been awhile since you've posted, but I am just barely looking at it. I LOVE your house! It's adorable!! I bet you're all settled in by now. No more commute - yeah!
The MTC pictures always make me tear up. I always hated that part, but am a proud sister at the same time. What a cute family you have! Miss you guys!

Lydia Story said...

CHIARA!! I am so glad I found you! He must be a pretty special guy, you look so happy in every single picture!! Send me your email address so I can add you to our blog! Love you! Lydiastory@gmail.com