Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go Ahead, Call me Martha

So I am always really late with my blogs, but better late than never, right? So I went to this "Taste of Home-cooking school" with some of the girls from work (Linds I missed you) a while ago. I went with low expectations since I am as clueless in the kitchen as they come, but actually ended up having a LOT of FUN! They made a bunch of different dishes from almond bundt cakes to sesame beef stir fry. They gave a lot of prizes too and even though none of us won anything, it was a blast. Well most of the recipes intimidated me but I did learn one I thought I could try in my own kitchen and here it is! Basically, you put tomatoes and cheese on a slice of chicken breast, roll it up, bread it, and throw it in the oven! Even I can handle that! Usually dinner for the McIntires consist of one of five things: Quesadillas, Cereal, Grilled Cheese.....Peanut butter Sandwhiches...sad. Maybe just four things. Anyway-thought I would spice things up and it turned out great! At least I think so, I don't eat meat but Dustin said it was good! So go ahead. Call me Martha.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Wow Chiara! That is great that you are learning new skills and that you are putting them to practice. It looks tasty.

The Grover Family said...

Make that tonight and bring it to me for lunch tomorrow, thanks! Oh and tell dustin he owes me since you couldn't come last night

Amber said...

Chiara! It was so happy to see that you posted on our blog. This really is a fun way to keep in touch with family. Looks like you and Dustin have had a great year..just keeps gettin better!

Harris Family said...

Chiara - that is impressive!! I love going to those Taste of Home shows...very inspiring! miss ya!

The Grover Family said...

HEY there, just lettin you know I tagged you, even though you are sitting like five feet from me right now and I could just say it..... This is way funner!
love love LOVE LLLOOOOVVVEEEE you!

The Grover Family said...

EXCUSE ME!!! I TAGGED YOU A LONG TIME AGO..... And have yet to see a new post, get on it! Thanks
Love ya